This blog will cover everything from my children and husband and grandchildren to crocheting and texting. I hope you all will enjoy very much!
Sunday, June 26, 2011
In the beginning..........
We had a thing called telephones. I used one as a child. And even more often as a teen. We had this curly thing that constricted where we were while using this funny looking device. But still, it did the job. As a teen, I normally layed on the bed and gabbed with my best friend while looking up at the ceiling. Or coloring, or listening to music. That was until mom, dad or one of the annoying siblings picked up one of the other lines, instructing me that my time was up. Towards the end of those awkward teen years, and into my 20's and married life, we got something new for keeping up with our friends and family. By now, I was really missing mom and dad and those siblings I had once thought so annoying. This was a telephone with no restrictions, well, except for the fact that you had to be in the house or the yard! And it was mainly the house until they were far more popular.....than we could venture out of the house, maybe to the car or garage, while chatting it up with the other person on the other end. The kids were growing, the oldest was 10 when I got my first cell phone. And shortly afterwards, the first cell phone bill. WHEW!!!! I realized quickly that this thing (at the time I thought it was little, but thinking back, what a gawdy sight it was!) was only to be used in time of dire emergencies. Honestly, we did not use it much. I think we maybe had 250 minutes we could use on it each month and a bill of almost $75! So, now we're in the day and age that hubby and I both have a cell phone. We also still provide coverage for our youngest son, our oldest son and our daughter. There are still 2 more sons but luckily they are providing their own service. A phone bill for 5 people with shared minutes and unlimited texting (and unlimited data) is costing us just pennies more than that single phone was costing us. It has also taken place of the nearly extinct house phone, which I thought would never happen. But I haven't had a land line phone in nearly 3 years. When the kids first asked me to start texting I told them it was a silly, unnecessary little feature but they ALL agreed to take on other chores to pay for the service. So we got it. I still thought it was silly. And than it got annoying, because all they did was sit with a phone in their hand and not even up to their ears. They held them like a video game controller and "talked" to their friends non stop. Funny, how something I couldn't even hear could annoy me so bad. And the funny thing, do you know what made me start texting? I was tired of yelling at the kids to wake up, to come down stairs for dinner, to go feed the dog, to run to the grocery because someone drank the last of the milk. I would just grab the phone and text them (yes, most of the time they were just a few hundred feet from me), and not have to hear "but mooommmmm".........so texting became my best friend. And now for us blackberry and android users, we have a great new APP (Oh, here's a whole new blog, APP's!!!) called textango. While I could get into all that they do for the texting population it's probably just better to go to their site, and if you'll just click on the word textango it'll take you right to it.. So begins my textango blog and journey for one year. They'll be lots of updates and I hope to see lots of you here to support me watch what I'm winning, who I'm texting, and just all that I'm wanting to let ya'll know. Leave me lots of love and lots of support. And by all means, TEXT ME!! 270 999 9082!! Mary!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment